The Cosmac VIP II was never released, Emma 02 emulates two types 'ED' or 'RCA'. The 'ED' is as build by Ed Keefe and described on his very extensive Cosmac VIP II page. The 'RCA' will emulate the RCA version a bit closer based on schematics recently found at the Hagley Museum and Library: Sarnoff/RCA Collection -Joseph A. Weisbecker's archived manuscripts and materials.
Clock: 1.7898 MHz
ED version: 16 to 32 KB RAM, RCA version: 8, 16 or 32 KB RAM
ED version: 14 to 18 KB ROM, RCA version: 16 KB ROM
Sound: Simple Sound Board
Cosmac VIP II running RCA VP-701 BASIC VER 2.2.
The only info about the Cosmac VIP II can be found on Ed's Cosmac VIP II page
Main Features Cosmac VIP II Emulator
- Adjustable speed, boosting the speed of the Cosmac VIP II beyond 1.7898 MHz!
- Tape features (wav file and real cassette support) including a Turbo version
- Direct Cosmac VIP II memory access to load and save software from the PC hard disk via intel hex, binary or '.fpb' (for RCA FPB BASIC, i.e. RCA VP-701 BASIC VER 2.2) files
- Video support for CDP1862 including zoom and full screen option by pressing F3
- Sound support for default fixed frequency tone
- Video screen dump to a file (BMP, JPEG, PNG or PCX image)
- Support for Chip 8 and Chip 8x interpreter