The RCA Studio IV is a console that was never released by RCA. Information here is based on the Studio IV Interpreter and prototype schematics for the video card.
The Studio IV Interpreter by Joe Weisbecker was extracted by Andy Modla from tape S.572.21B from The Sarnoff Collection, The College of New Jersey.
The Studio IV is very similar to the Studio III and MPT-02 consoles. Differences include a more extensive pseudo code interpreter in a 2 KB ROM, and an improved video chip.
Studio IV running the build in demo / screen saver
Some info about the Studio IV can be found on Andy's RCA Studio github page
Main Features Studio IV Emulator
- Adjustable speed, boosting the speed of the Studio IV beyond 3.58 MHz!
- Video support for the Studio IV video chip with zoom and full screen option by pressing F3
- Sound support as for CDP1864
- Cartridge support (.st2 file format)
- Video screen dump to a file (BMP, JPEG, PNG or PCX image)