The ETI 660 was published in the Australian magazine ETI (Electronics Today International) as DIY kit. The design was very similar to the Cosmac VIP and Telmac 2000. Like the Telmac 2000 the ETO 660 also used the CDP 1864 for video but the supplied system rom was also able to handle the 64 x 48 resolution and included a chip-8 interpreter.
ETI 660 running the colour game Wipeout.
There is not much information on the ETI 660, I just know some documentation is listed on the RCA Cosmac VIP yahoo group.
Main Features ETI 660 Emulator
- Adjustable speed, boosting the speed of the ETI 660 beyond 1.773 MHz!
- Tape support (wav file and real cassette support) including a Turbo version
- Direct ETI 660 memory access to load and save software from the PC hard disk via intel hex or binary files
- Video support for CDP1864 with zoom and full screen option by pressing F3
- Sound support for CDP1864
- Video screen dump to a file (BMP, JPEG, PNG or PCX image)
- Memory mode for either 1KB ROM and 3KB RAM or 2KB for both
- Support for Chip 8 interpreter included in ETI 660 system rom