The RCA Studio II is a videogame console made by RCA released in January 1977. Similar as the Cosmac VIP the video support was based on the CDP 1861 giving simple black and white graphics. Controllers where build in the console with 2 keypads. The Studio II came with 5 built in games (Doodle, Patterns, Bowling, Freeway and Additions).
The Studio II also has the following 'clones':
- Toshiba Viscom COM-100
- Academy Apollo 80 (MPT-02)
- Mustang 9016 Telespiel Computer
- Soundic MPT-02 Victory
- Hanimex MPT-02 Jeu TV programmable
- Conic M-1200 Colour
- Sheen 1200 Micro Computer
I have the ROM files for the Toshiba Viscom COM-100 and Soundic Victory MPT-02 so both of these and the Studio II are currently emulated the rest is not. If you can help provide any of the other ROMs let me know and I will try to add emulation. It is likely that the Academy Apollo 80, Hanimex, Conic M-1200 and Sheen 1200 all use the same ROM as the Soundic Victory however I have no real proof this is the case.
Space Invaders game designed by Paul Robson
Some good sites on the RCA Studio II:
Main Features RCA Studio II Emulator
- Adjustable speed, boosting the speed of the Studio II beyond 1.76 MHz!
- Video support for CDP1861 (Pixie) with zoom and full screen option by pressing F3
- Sound support for default fixed frequency tone
- Cartridge support (.st2 file format)
- Video screen dump to a file (BMP, JPEG, PNG or PCX image)